I was trying to find something yummy to fix with pork chops and I had some mango to use up so here is what I cooked up tonight!! The kiddos and even the picky hubby loved it!!! I cook without measuring things to the exact amount so I’m estimating what I used. Adjust accordingly.
- 4 Boneless Porkchops
- Jasmine Rice (But any rice will do)
- 2 cups diced Mango, peeled and cored
- 1 oz Gold Tequila (I’m sure clear would work also)
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 4 tsp Minced Garlic (I use the kind in the jar with the juices still intact, not the dehydrated kind)
- 3-4 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Season with salt, pepper and 1 tsp Minced Garlic on each porkchop. I do this after chops are in skillet.
- Fry porkchops.
- Start rice in separate pot, with unsalted real butter and salt lightly.
- Add all other ingredients to skillet with porkchops.
- Simmer until Mangoes are tender, brown sugar forms a nice sauce and chops are done.
- Cut up the porckchops.
- Put porkchops and mangoes on top of rice.
- Drizzle with the mango sauce.
Enjoy with a Michelob Ultra with Lime!!