It’s Recipe Wednesday!! If you’re like me, you find it next to impossible to get your kids to eat meatloaf. I can’t even get my husband to eat meatloaf. But they clean the plate and the pan when I make this recipe. It’s probably not the healthiest so I don’t make it very often, it’s actually more like a treat.
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (8-ounce) package sharp Cheddar, grated
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs, toasted
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 (3-ounce) can French fried onions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck and next 8 ingredients, mixing well.
In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and mustard. Stir 1/4 cup ketchup mixture into meat mixture, reserving remaining ketchup mixture.
Press meat mixture into a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan, or shape into a loaf and place on a rack in a broiler pan. Spread remaining ketchup mixture over loaf. Bake 40 minutes. Top with French fried onions; bake another 10 to 15 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.